HOW TO GET THE INTERVIEW
BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR RESUME – take a minute to look over your current and recent jobs.
* Your current and recent jobs will or won’t get you an interview.
* Look at your current and recent jobs, does it show the required skills you have? If not, no interview
* Adding a few lines of your related experience will get you an interview. The more the better, don’t lie.
* Adding your Challenges, Achievements and Deliverables under each job will increase your chances for an interview
* Just be sure you put on your resume things you actually know and have worked on and can explain it in some level of detail.
Hiring Managers Resume Complaint
They don’t show what the person’s role really is. Wants to see under work history more of a narrative (more descriptive)
Please review you work history’s current and recent jobs and see if you can improve on what your role is.
Here’s how to improve what your role is – What to include under current and recent jobs
Adding your Accomplishments, Challenges and Deliverables under each job will increase your chances for an interview
* Replace Responsible for with Accomplishments
* Include how you saved the company money
* Evaluated and recommended
* Suggested a process or procedure that improved performance or some other benefit
* Found a problem no one else could fine
Always include the benefit(s) for what you did
How to get pass the phone interview and get an onsite interview
* Are you a SME – Subject Matter Expert?
* Be sure you put on your resume things you actually know and have worked on and can explain it in some level of details. If you write stuff you don’t know, you might get a lot of interviews but no job offers.
* Always back the technical concepts with examples of how you applied it at your work place. It adds to your
* At the end of the interview, make it a habit to ask the interviewer, was I clear on all the answers I gave and is there is anything you would like me to go over again.